Gmail is an email service that has improved how people communicate online. Gmail offers a free web-based email service that allows users to access their mail from any device. Gmail contacts helps you stay connected with your contacts no matter where you are or what device you are using. You can access all of your existing contacts on any device through your Google account.
The Google contacts integration with CRM allows you to keep their CRM database up-to-date by syncing CRM contacts and leads from Google Contacts.
Import your Google contacts into CRM Software as Leads or contacts using the following process in admin and user panel respectively.
a. Admin Panel
To add the google contacts feature into a crm, admin has to add the google contact API json file. It is the main key factor to access integrating the google contacts
Without having the google contact json file the integration will not work for users.
How to Generate Google Contact/People JSON API?
1. First, Get a Google Account. To create project in a Google API you need first a Google account for it. So first get your first google account.
2. Create a Project, Next, after creating a project go to google console and register your app. To get started using People API, you need to first use the setup tool, which guides you through creating a project in the Google API Console, enabling the API, and creating credentials.
Next, setup and fill up the form and register your account.
Next, after submitting the OAuth consent screen, Enable the API’s and services.
Next, search Google People and select that and Enable that API.
3. Set up your app, after registering the app of OAuth client next create a credentials for it. Click on credentials menu and click on create credentials and then select the OAuth client.
In our crm we have redirect url so just put on it and submit the form.
Next, after submitting then you will get your Json API file, download it and upload it on crm app.
Now you have successfully created the google people api and downloaded the JSON file. So Go to crm app and under the directory storage/g-auth/credentials.
Note: if there is no g-auth directory inside the storage then create and upload your json api file.
b. User Panel
Follow the below steps to integrate google contacts in crm.
1. First log in crm, then go contact menu.
2. Next, click on the import button under the contact.
3. Next, click on the sync google contact button and add your account.
4. Next, after authorizing the google account your contact will be synchronized in crm contact.
Using the above method you can import your Google contacts into the CRM Software.
We provide CRM Software design and development services. In case you want to setup a Google Gmail integrated CRM, pl. contact us for more information.